The Departments of Biology, Nursing, Dentistry of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens and the School of Medicine of the national and Kapodistrian University of Athens in cooperation with the of Foundation Biomedical Research of the Academy Athens (BRFAA), the Hellenic Pasteur Institute (HPI), the Biomedical Sciences Research Center “Alexander Fleming» / (BSRC Fleming) and the National Center for Scientific Research «Demokritos», (E.KE. F.E. DEMOKRITOS) organize and function together the Master’s Program entitled «Athens International Master’s Programme in Neurosciences» from the academic year 2017-2018, according to the provisions of Law 3685/2008 as amended and applies.
The purpose of the postgraduate program «Athens International Master’s Programme in Neurosciences» is to provide high quality graduate education at the Master of Sciences (M.Sc.) level in the scientific field of neuroscience.
The program invites graduates of Departments of domestic Universities and Higher Technological Institutes and graduates of recognized equivalent institutions abroad (according to paragraph. 1, Article 4 of Law. 3685/08) to submit their candidacy for enrollment.
For the evaluation and selection of candidates the Selection Committee applying the law (paragraph 1α and 2 Article. 4 Law N. 3685/08), additional criteria, defined by the competent bodies, as well as the decisions of the Special Interdepartmental Committee, takes into consideration the documents described below as well as the performance in the interview. To see the selection criteria please click here.
Interested graduate students are invited to submit the following documents at a specified date in the Spring of each year..
- Application Form (at the Program website, pdf)
- Detailed curriculum vitae (at the program website, pdf)
- Personal Statement (pdf)
- Certified copy of Diploma or certificate of completion of studies (hard copy and pdf)
- Detailed list of all undergraduate courses and grades (hard copy and pdf)
- Undergraduate Research Thesis (pdf)
- Publications in peer-reviewed journal (pdf)
- Evidence of professional or research activity (if any, pdf)
- A Photocopy of both sides of your identity card (hard copy and pdf)
- Certificate of the ranking of the student, issued by the administration of the Department (hard copy and pdf)
- Two reference letters with special reference to the relevant ranking of the applicant. The reference letters will be send to the administration of the Program directly by the referees to masterneuro[at]biol.uoa[dot]gr.
- Certificate of Proficiency in English (hard copy and pdf). Knowledge of English is documented by one of the following ways:
- Diploma from an Educational Body of an English-speaking country or a postgraduate program taught in English
- Certificate of Proficiency in English
- Certificate of Toefl score at least 500 points (or 300 with the new way of evaluation)
- IELTS certificate with a grade of 6.5 or more
- National Certificate of Language Proficiency (level B2)
The Dates of the interviews will be announced on the webpage.
The starting date of the courses will be between October 1st and October 15th. The exact date is announced every year announced later.
Please, send all documents by E-mail to masterneuro[at]biol.uoa[dot]gr and by regular mail to:
Secretariat of the Department of Biology
Zografou 157 84
Γραμματεία Τμήματος Βιολογίας
157 84 Ζωγράφου